Podcasts are a great way to get educated and be entertained while engaging in activities such as commuting, preparing meals or a long training run. There are lots of podcasts to choose from among the plant-based community. You can subscribe via your iTunes podcasts app by searching for the podcast title or just click on the link to play them from your computer or other device:
- Plant Yourself Podcast – Howard Jacobson (co-author of Whole) interviews key people in the whole food plant-based movement and from other wellness areas
- The Corinne Nijjer Podcast – Corinne has her own remarkable transformation story of putting MS into long-term remission with a WFPB diet and her mission with the podcast is to give light to other amazing disease-reversal stories
- Healthy Human Revolution (formerly Dr Laurie Marbas Podcast) – Laurie presents inspiring stories of people overcoming chronic disease, and also interviews health experts.
- Plant-Strong with Rip Esselstyn
- Brain Health and Beyond with Team Sherzai, MD – neurologists Dean and Ayesha Sherzai discuss topics related to maintaining brain health.
- The Rich Roll Podcast – Rich Roll posts a new interview every week with interesting people from all areas of health and personal development
- Paddison Program for Optimal Health – Clint Paddison is an Australian who reversed rheumatoid arthritis using a modified whole food plant-based diet. His podcasts feature people who have reversed their RA or other autoimmune condition and are also available as videos
- Spud Fit Podcast – Andrew Taylor, the man who ate potatoes for a year interviews key people in the plant-based health and nutrition area. See also website for links
- Nutrition Facts with Dr. Greger – In his 15 min. weekly podcasts Dr Michael Greger gathers information around a particular subject based on his video presentations
- Mastering Diabetes – Cyrus Khambatta, PhD and Robbie Barbaro are both living with type 1 diabetes and they offer an evidence-based support program for reversing type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes and reducing insulin needs for type 1.
- Plant Proof podcast – with Australian health and fitness entrepreneur Simon Hill
- New Normal Project – Dr Andrew Davies explores ways of making healthier choices for our body, mind and soul
- The Exam Room – from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
- Science & Saucery – Julianna Hever, RD and Ray Cronise
- Veggie Doctor Radio – explores diet and nutrition, healthy habit formation, behavior change and motivation. Dr. Yami is a passionate plant-based board-certified pediatrician, health and wellness coach and Food For Life instructor.
- Dr. McDougall’s Free Audio Podcasts “McDougallCast” – some old interviews with some of the most influential health and nutrition leaders. Includes the Lost Lectures of Nathan Pritikin
- Jami Dulaney MD Plant Based Wellness – A plant based Cardiologist and endurance athlete passionate about promoting health and wellness
- Beat Your Genes: An Evolutionary Psychology Podcast for Finding Happiness – This podcast features weekly talks by psychologist Doug Lisle. Although this podcast is not about nutrition, Dr Lisle is an expert in plant-based nutrition and we thought people in the plant-based world would enjoy listening to him.
Podcasts featuring us:
- The Benefits of a Healthy Plant-Based Lifestyle, Dr Malcolm Mackay -(Rheumatoid Solutions with Clint Paddison, March 2020)
- Nutritionist and Plant Based Health Australia Co-Founder Jenny Cameron Talks WFPB – (Corinne Nijjer, June 2018)
- Dr Malcolm Mackay Gives Us The Plant Based Low Down – (Corinne Nijjer, February 2018)
- Dr Malcolm Mackay on practicing lifestyle medicine, fitness and supervising me! – (Spud Fit, June 2017)
- Whole Foods Plant Based Health – with Jenny Cameron – (Anna Chisholm, June 2017) Link opens directly to audio file
- What The Health – Movie screening & Panel discussion – (New Normal Project, April 2017) A recording of the Q&A panel discussion from the Melbourne screening of the film, featuring Dr Malcolm Mackay and other health practitioners.
- Incorporating General Practice and Plant Based Nutrition with Dr Malcolm Mackay – Anna Chisholm (April 2017) Link opens directly to audio file
Some of our favourite podcasts:
- Nourishing Our Brains and Preventing Dementia with Ayesha Sherzai, MD – (Howard Jacobson, PYP 279, July 2018)
- Dean and Ayesha Sherzai on Lifestyle and Alzheimers Disease – (Spud Fit, May 2018)
- Robyn Chuter – Deep Dive Into Gut Health – (Anna Chisholm, July 2017) Robyn’s knowledge of gut health and microbiome is exceptional and this podcast is fascinating. Link opens directly to audio file
- A Community Based Weight Loss Study – with Dr Luke Wilson – (Anna Chisholm, May 2017) Link opens directly to audio file
- Doug Lisle: self esteem, success and evolutionary psychology – (Spud Fit, April 2017)
- Neal Barnard, M.D. – (Rich Roll Podcast, August 2016) An outstanding interview with Dr Barnard covering his life and work with plant-based nutrition.
- The Lost Lectures from Nathan Pritikin – The first lecture ‘The history of my interest in good health’ is especially interesting.
- Dr. Linda Carney on the Dangers of Excess Estrogen – (Howard Jacobson, PYP 149)
- Our Misplaced Obsession With Protein – Garth Davis, MD (Rich Roll Podcast, #140)
- China Study Critics & How Plant-Based Nutrition Can Prevent & Reverse Disease – T. Colin Campbell (Rich Roll Podcast, #79)
- Tom Campbell, MD on Writing The China Study and Talking to Doctors About Nutrition – (Howard Jacobson, PYP 074)
Page created 12 July 2015
Last updated 16 April 2019