A single success story or testimonial does not constitute scientific evidence, but a large number of people reporting the same effects from the same treatment is clinically significant. Success stories have been collected on a number of whole foods plant-based websites over the past few years and there are some fantastic examples of people who have turned their health around and overcome chronic diseases by adopting a whole foods plant-based diet. The following success story is an excellent example of the breadth of the effect of this way of eating:
Below are links to collections of success stories as well as success stories by topic. We present these links as encouragement for adopting a whole food plant-based diet to improve your health. It is important to note that although not every disease can be reversed with a change of diet, WFPB nutrition offers people their best chance for halting the progression of disease even if it’s not reversal.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you are using diet to treat disease it is important you discuss any changes with your health professional.
Success stories by topic:
- Gut Health
- Heart Health
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Weight Loss
- Plant Based Practitioners Personal Journeys
Websites collecting success stories:
- Success Stories – T Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Forks Over Knives Success Stories
- Success Stories: Star McDougallers in Their Own Words
- Empower Total Health – Success Stories
- Happy Herbivore – Herbie of the Week; Why Did You Adopt A Plant-Based Diet?
- Dr Linda Carney – Success Stories
- TrueNorth Navigators – Testimonials
- Maralyn Millar: Pain & Discomfort Free from Rheumatoid Arthritis (video) – **NEW** from Melbourne, Australia.
- Watch Tracy Ryan’s journey of losing 200 lbs on a plant based diet and with no diet drugs or surgeries: UnSuperSize Me or Facebook Page UnsupersizeMe (documentary movie 1hr 16 mins. available on DVD or through Vimeo).
Note: These success stories and testimonials are publicly available endorsements of a whole foods plant based diet. None of these testimonials breach the AHPRA code of conduct by endorsing any particular Australian health practitioner.
Page last updated August 2017