This web page includes health practitioners in Australia and New Zealand who are wholly supportive and knowledgeable about whole foods plant-based nutrition. See note below for more information about inclusion.
- Dr Malcolm Mackay – GP, Nutritionist (Grad Dip Hum Nut), Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell), Melbourne (Fitzroy), available for Skype consultations.
Practitioner website: Dr Malcolm Mackay (links to current practice location and contact details for remote consultations within Australia)
Nutrition website: (co-author of this website) Whole Foods Plant Based Health
- Dr Anthony Hadj – GP Registrar, Melbourne area
Website: Living Longer Today
Practice location: Mt Martha and Frankston
- Dr Niyati Sharma – Dermatologist, Melbourne area
Practice locations: **Overseas during 2018**
North Western Dermatology, Barkers Road Dermatology
Dr Paul Wood – GP, Kempsey, NSW
Practice location: St Colluthus Medical Centre
- Dr Andrew Pennington – GP, Sydney area
Practice location: Sanctuary Lifestyle Clinic, Waitara, NSW
- Dr Emma Campbell – GP, Newcastle area
Practice location: Glendale Medical Centre, Glendale, NSW
- Dr Stephanie Dakin – GP registrar, BAppSc (Nutrition), Canberra
Practice location: Fisher Family Practice
- Dr Andrew Morris – GP, Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell), Canberra
Website: Morris Wellness (Kingston, ACT)
- Dr Celine Gol, GP, Brisbane
Practice location: Kallangur Family Medical Practice
- Dr Adrian Griscti, GP, Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell), Angaston SA
Practice location: Angaston Medical Centre
- Dr Alphonse Roex – Obstetrician/Gynaecologist, Adelaide
Practice location: Lyell McEwin Hospital, Adelaide, Senior Consultant Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Dr Anna Borek – GP, Perth
Practice location: Merriwa Medical Centre
- Dr Alyce Churchill, GP Registrar, Perth
Practice location: Woodbridge Family Practice (Cooloongup)
Dr Leslie Jones & Dr Trenton Healy – GPs, Busselton, WA
Practice location: Duchess Medical Practice
- Dr Luke Wilson – Wellington & Dr Matt Hobbs – GP (in training)
Website: Two Zesty Bananas
- Dr Mark Craig – GP, Auckland
Practice location: Grey Lynn Family Medical Centre
- Lucy Taylor – Dietitian and Nutritionist, Melbourne
Website: Bloom Nutritionist
- Kate Marsh – Dietitian, Sydney
Practice location: Northside Nutrition and Dietetics, Chatswood.
- Amanda Benham – Dietitian and Nutritionist, Brisbane, available for Skype or phone consultations.
Website: The Human Herbivore
- Peter Johnston – PhD, Dietitian, Melbourne
- Emma Strutt – Dietitian, Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell), Boonah, QLD
Website: Greenstuff Nutrition
Other health practitioners
- Jenny Cameron – Nutritionist, Health Coach, Grad Cert Human Nutrition, Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell), Starch Solution Certificate, Melbourne, available for Skype consultations.
Website: (co-author of this website) Whole Foods Plant Based Health
- Robyn Chuter – Naturopath/Nutritionist, Sydney area, available for Skype consultations.
Website: Empower Total Health
- Dr Heleen Roex-Haitjema – MD, Paediatrician (n.p.), PCRM Food For Life Instructor, Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell), Adelaide
Website: Whole Plants for Health
Upcoming Food For Life seminars (Adelaide)
- Kathy Ashton – BHScience (Nutritional Medicine), Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell), Life Coach, Melbourne
Website: Flourish Nutritional Medicine
- Dr Renae Thomas & Joshua Murray – MD, Coach, Nutritionist, Personal trainer, Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell)
Website: Live Full
- Adam Guthrie – Health Coach, Chef, Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (eCornell)
Website: I Feel Good
- Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets – Tuso, P.J. et al. 2013. “The objective of this article is to present to physicians an update on plant-based diets.” If your doctor is unaware of the benefits of a plant-based diet you could offer them this article.
- Melina, V., Craig, W., & Levin, S. (2016). Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Vegetarian Diets. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 116(12) – this article is useful if you feel the need to defend your position that plant-based diets are appropriate for you at whatever stage in the lifecycle you are… “It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes.”
- How to Find a Plant-Based Doctor – If you are searching for a plant-based doctor in your area and cannot find one, don’t despair – Dr Esselstyn and dietitian Jeff Novick have shared their ideas about how to educate yourself and your doctor about plant based nutrition.
- Vegetarian-Friendly Health Professionals – Vegetarian Victoria.
NB Those included in these lists are noted as being ‘vegetarian friendly’ and are not necessarily following or aware of whole food plant-based nutrition.
- Plant Based Docs – A division of the Plantrician Project
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine – Find a practitioner – (enter search term country or state, e.g. Australia)
Resources for practitioners
Plant-Based Practitioners personal journeys:
- Watching “Forks Over Knives” Changed This Doctor’s Life—and Career – Steven Lome, DO (October 2017)
- After a Stroke, This Doctor Reversed Her Lupus With a Plant-Based Diet – Brooke Goldner, MD (October 2016)
- After a Heart Attack and Bypass at 40, This Doctor Changed His Lifestyle and Reversed His Heart Disease – Rajiv Misquitta, MD
- How I Got Rid of Extra Weight, Prediabetes, Depression, and Inspired My Patients To Do the Same – Kerry Graff (September 2015)
- How This Family Doctor Lost 75 Pounds Easily Without Portion Control – Steve Lawenda, MD, Family Physician (May 2015)
- Evan got rid of his Fatty Liver and lost weight – (video) Evan, Family Physician
- Forks Over Knives Changed My Health and How I Treat My Patients – James Loomis, MD
- Dr. Conway on his heart disease reversal with plant-based nutrition – (video) Jim Conway, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon. More about Dr Conway: Doctor Empowers Patients Through Plant-Based Diets
- The Plant-Based Doctor Mom – Dr Padma Garvey, gynecologist
Note: We will only be listing individual practitioners on this page who are knowledgeable about whole food plant-based nutrition and have completed the eCornell Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate course (or equivalent) and are fully familiar with the dietary approach of the key WFPB practitioners.
Please Contact us if you know of someone suitable for inclusion.
Page created 3 April 2015
Page last updated 8 November 2017