This web page includes health practitioners in Australia and New Zealand who are wholly supportive and knowledgeable about whole foods plant-based nutrition. See note below for more information about inclusion.
- Dr Malcolm Mackay – GP, Melbourne (co-author of this website).
Practitioner website: Dr Malcolm Mackay (links to current practice location in Fitzroy and contact details for Skype)
Nutrition website: Whole Foods Plant Based Health
Available for Skype consultations within Australia.
Dr Paul Wood – GP, Bowral, NSW
- Dr Andrew Pennington – GP, Sydney area
Practice location: Sanctuary Lifestyle Clinic, Waitara, NSW
- Dr Anna Borek – GP, Perth area
Website: Dr Anna Borek – GP with Special Interest in Lifestyle Medicine
Practice location: Merriwa Medical Centre
Dr Leslie Jones & Dr Trenton Healy – GPs, Busselton, WA
Practice location: Duchess Medical Practice
- Dr Alphonse Roex – Obstetrician/Gynaecologist, Adelaide
Practice location: Lyell McEwin Hospital, Adelaide, Senior Consultant Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Dr Anthony Hadj – GP Registrar, Melbourne area
Website: Living Longer Today
Practice location: Mt Martha and Frankston
- Dr Niyati Sharma – Dermatologist, Melbourne area
Practice locations: North Western Dermatology, Barkers Road Dermatology
- Dr Luke Wilson – Wellington & Dr Matt Hobbs – GP (in training)
Website: Two Zesty Bananas
- Dr Mark Craig – GP, Auckland
Practice location: Grey Lynn Family Medical Centre
- Lucy Taylor – Dietitian and Nutritionist, Melbourne
Website: Bloom Nutritionist
- Kate Marsh – Dietitian, Sydney
Practice location: Northside Nutrition and Dietetics, Chatswood.
- Hollie Waters – Dietitian and Nutritionist, Perth
Website: Etico Nutrition
Other health practitioners
- Jenny Cameron – Nutritionist, Grad Cert Human Nutrition, Certificate Plant-Based Nutrition (eCornell), Starch Solution Certificate, Melbourne, available for Skype consultations.
Website: (co-author of this website) Whole Foods Plant Based Health
- Robyn Chuter – Naturopath/Nutritionist, Sydney area, available for Skype consultations.
Website: Empower Total Health
- Dr Heleen Roex-Haitjema – MD, Paediatrician, Food For Life Instructor (PCRM), Certificate Plant-Based Nutrition (eCornell), Adelaide
Website: Whole Plants for Health
Upcoming Food For Life seminars (Adelaide)
- Kathy Ashton – BHScience (Nutritional Medicine), Certificate Plant-Based Nutrition (eCornell), Life Coach, Melbourne
Website: Flourish Nutritional Medicine
- Anna Chisholm – Health Coach, Certificate Plant-Based Nutrition (eCornell), Sydney
Website: Anna Chisholm – Nourished For Life
- Dr Renae Thomas & Joshua Murray – MD, Coach, Nutritionist, Personal trainer, Certificate Plant-Based Nutrition (eCornell)
Website: Live Full
- How to Find a Plant-Based Doctor – If you are searching for a plant-based doctor in your area and cannot find one, don’t despair – Dr Esselstyn and dietitian Jeff Novick have shared their ideas about how to educate yourself and your doctor about plant based nutrition.
- Vegetarian-Friendly Health Professionals – Vegetarian Victoria.
- Vegan Health Practitioners – Vegan Society NSW
NB Those included in these lists are noted as being ‘vegetarian friendly’ and are not necessarily following or aware of whole food plant-based nutrition.
- Plant Based Docs – A division of the Plantrician Project
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine – Find a practitioner – (enter search term country or state, e.g. Australia)
- Wellness Forum practitioners
Resources for practitioners
Plant-Based Practitioners personal journeys:
- How I Got Rid of Extra Weight, Prediabetes, Depression, and Inspired My Patients To Do the Same – Kerry Graff (September 2015)
- How This Family Doctor Lost 75 Pounds Easily Without Portion Control – Steve Lawenda, MD, Family Physician (May 2015)
- Evan got rid of his Fatty Liver and lost weight – (video) Evan, Family Physician
- Forks Over Knives Changed My Health and How I Treat My Patients – James Loomis, MD
- Dr. Conway on his heart disease reversal with plant-based nutrition – (video) Jim Conway, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon. More about Dr Conway: Doctor Empowers Patients Through Plant-Based Diets
Note: We will only be listing individual practitioners on this page who are knowledgeable about whole food plant-based nutrition and have either completed plant-based nutrition courses or attended relevant conferences and are fully familiar with the dietary approach of the key WFPB practitioners.
Please Contact us if you know of someone suitable for inclusion.
Page created 3 April 2015
Page last updated 28 December 2016