Changing to a whole foods plant based (WFPB) diet can be difficult if you don’t have the support of family and friends. Connecting with others who are on this journey is a powerful way of staying motivated and keeping on track. There are a growing number of people in Australia, including health practitioners, who are finding out about the benefits of plant-based nutrition and we endeavour to bring people together to add strength to the WFPB movement. The following are some of the resources, education and communities that may find supportive your journey:
- We run a 5-day Plant-Based Health Immersion retreat in Anglesea, Victoria (Australia) which is perfect for those transitioning to a WFPB diet and also those who need medical supervision as they make dietary changes.
- We run introductory seminars for people transitioning to a WFPB diet. See Plant-Based Nutrition Seminars for upcoming sessions (mostly in the Melbourne area, but will consider other locations – NB Brisbane in March 2018).
- We are collecting names of health practitioners who are supportive of WFPB nutrition and listing them if they are using WFPB in their practice (see Plant-Based Health Practitioners)
- There is an online Facebook group called Whole Food Plant-Based Aussies which provides support for people eating a low-fat whole foods plant-based diet for health and meet-up groups in various Australian cities (see list of PlantPure Communities meet-up groups below).
- Refer to the Meal Plans page for links to people/organisations providing meal plans to get started on a WFPB diet.
- Refer to the Recipes page for links to blogs and websites featuring WFPB or low-fat vegan recipes. We are excited to include some new Australian websites featuring WFPB recipes.
- Join our mailing list to be kept informed of upcoming WFPB events around Australia
PlantPure Communities meet-up groups:
There are a number of meet-up groups around Australia who are supporting the mission of the film PlantPure Nation, which is to spread the message of plant-based nutrition and provide support at the local community level. See the PlantPure Communities website for more information and resources. Below are the links to the Australian meet-up groups which are using Facebook to communicate group activities:
- Plant Powered Adelaide
- Plant Powered Brisbane
- Plant Powered Central Coast (NSW)
- Plant Powered Melbourne
- Plant Powered Perth
- Plant Powered Sydney
- Plant Powered Toowoomba
The focus of these groups is around planning regular meet-ups so people can connect and share knowledge about a whole food plant based diet. Please note some groups have ‘joining questions’ for new members – you won’t be accepted into the group unless you answer all three questions. If you are not a Facebook user you can join our mailing list to receive our monthly newsletter where we try to mention upcoming meet-ups.
Page created 19 January 2014
Page last updated 18 February 2018