Plant Based Nutrition Websites
- Dr John McDougall – this website has a wealth of information covering nutrition science/medical topics, success stories and the free McDougall program to get you started on a starch-based diet including recipes and meal plans. Also includes a supportive discussion board.
- NutritionFacts.org – Dr Michael Greger. An incredible resource for exploring what the science has to say about any nutrition related topic. Dr Greger releases a short video 3 times per week and each video links to the scientific papers mentioned in the video. Also includes blog posts and Q&A.
- Forks over knives – includes a link to download the movie (US$12), information to get you started on a whole food plant-based diet, and regular blog posts from various contributors including from the icons of plant-based nutrition.
- T Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies – includes many in-depth articles by T Colin Campbell and his son Thomas Campbell, MD. Their mission is “to promote optimal nutrition through science-based education, advocacy, and research”.
- Dr Esselstyn’s Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease Program – includes links to Dr Esselstyn’s research articles, videos and some very useful FAQs for people with heart disease.
- Engine 2 diet – with Rip Esselstyn. Provides helpful material for going “plant strong” presented in a relaxed style. Includes a 28-day challenge with videos to help you get started. E2 Extra is a community forum with online coaches and additional educational material available for US$59 annual membership fee.
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine – founded by Dr Neal Barnard, PCRM is very active in nutrition research and advocacy. The website includes resources for various health conditions, a 21-day (free) Vegan KickStart program (including support, meal plans, community forum)
- Dr Linda Carney – Dr Carney is a family physician and an expert in women’s health. Her website includes many blog posts taking an evidence-based approach to nutrition and lifestyle medicine.
Facebook pages to follow for the latest in plant-based nutrition:
- Plant Based Health Australia (our page!)
- NutritionFacts.org – Dr Michael Greger
- Dr Garth Davis
- T Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- John McDougall MD
Other great pages: