A whole foods plant-based diet is effective for treating PCOS because it has a broad range of effects that target the underlying hormonal and metabolic abnormalities of the condition.
(more content coming soon)
- Hormone Dependent Diseases (Male & Female) – Dr John McDougall has written about women’s health for many years. He published a book, McDougalls Medicine for Women in 1999. This link discusses health problems caused by the abnormal hormone levels that the Standard (Australian) diet causes.
- Best Foods for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) – Dr Michael Greger (7 min video)
- What does the research say about dietary interventions on women with PCOS? – Joseph Gonzales, RD on behalf of NutritionFacts.org
- Treat PCOS with a Vegan Diet – Neal Barnard, MD with Alicia Silverstone (2013)
- Plant-based diets for the treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – Robyn Chuter
- Marsh, K., & Brand-Miller, J. (2005). The optimal diet for women with polycystic ovary syndrome? British Journal of Nutrition, 94(2), 154-165.
- Herbie of the Week: Lauren S (She No Longer Suffers From IBS, PCOS or Acne!)
- Herbie of the Week: Lynne (She Beat PCOS & Infertility!)
- Herbie of the Week: Beth (She Beat Infertility and PCOS!)
- Herbie of the Week: Natasha! (She’s Lost Over 115lbs & No Longer Suffers from PCOS!)
- Herbie of the Week: Sommer! (She’s Lost 75lbs & Beat PCOS with a Plant-Based Diet!)
- Herbie of the Week: Michelle G (She’s Managing Her PCOS Symptoms with a Plant-Based Diet!)
Page last updated 27 October 2016