Low carbohydrate diets have been around for decades and were epitomised and popularised by the Atkins Diet. So much evidence condemning these diets has been published that you would expect them to be of historical interest only. But strangely the fad continues with its latest reincarnation being the Paleo Diet. Let us make one thing clear:
“a low carbohydrate diet is a high fat, high protein diet”
This is explained on the Energy Pie page.
- The Paleo Diet Is Uncivilized (And Unhealthy and Untrue) – Dr John McDougall demolishes the credibility of the Paleo Diet. It includes many links for those wanting more information.
- Dr. John McDougall: High Protein/Low Carb Diets (video)
- High Protein & Other Fad Diets – Dr John McDougall
- This One Graph Single Handedly Explains The Obesity Epidemic (And The Low-Carb Lies) – addresses the narrative propagated by low carb advocates that we actually ate less fat after being told to go low-fat a few decades ago
- Low-Carb Fraud (2014, book) – T Colin Campbell. Less than US$4 on Kindle.
- Carbophobia: The Scary Truth about America’s Low-Carb Craze – Dr Michael Greger
- Atkins Diet: Trouble Keeping It Up – (video) Dr Michael Greger, linking erectile dysfunction to the Atkins diet
- Low Carb vs. Plant-Based Diet – This video links the personal appearance of diet experts with the diets they promote. WARNING – some viewers may find such personal attacks offensive. But it makes a point. “Low-carb diets make people fat and sick. The personal appearance of overweight diet experts speak volumes about these diets”.